We are looking for qualified people to help us meet the needs of our growing family. Each job is essential in the raising of our children. As you read our occasionally whimsical descriptions, consider whether you might fit into this mission-driven place of high energy, high expectations, and daily rewards.
Houseparent/Teaching Parent-Residential Children’s Home (Single Live-In)
Teaching Parents are the backbone of Boys and Girls Country, building vital relationships with our children and raising them as their own. Being a Teaching Parent at Boys and Girls Country is a calling—it requires full-time attention, with Teaching Parents living onsite and working an 8 day on/4 day off rotation. Teaching Parents commit their time to the welfare, health, education, and spiritual development of our children. Teaching Parents work in conjunction with the rest of the Boys and Girls Country staff, and report directly to the Program Manager assigned to their cottage.
Location: Hockley, Texas 35 miles NW of Houston, TX
– Mature Christian singles must be at least 21 years of age to parent children who have had some crisis in their lives. This is a live-in position with a rotational schedule between cottages.
– Must drive and have a current driver’s license.
– Implement the “Teaching Parent” model; training provided. – 24 hours a day, 8 days on; 4 days off work cycle.
– Children range in age from 5 years old through high school graduation.
– Children are grouped in cottages by age and gender.
– Cottage family makes decisions on budgetary items, menus, recreation, local church participation.
– Requires high energy and strong organizational skills to juggle ever-changing schedules.
– Strong emphasis on education and tutoring
To learn more and apply visit this page.