We are looking for qualified people to help us meet the needs of our growing family. Each job is essential in the raising of our children. As you read our occasionally whimsical descriptions, consider whether you might fit into this mission-driven place of high energy, high expectations, and daily rewards.
Teaching Parents, Team for Live-in position
Teaching Parents are the backbone of Boys and Girls Country, building vital relationships with our children and raising them as their own. Being a Teaching Parent at Boys and Girls Country is a calling—it requires full-time attention, with Teaching Parents living onsite and working an 8 day on/4 day off rotation. Teaching Parents commit their time to the welfare, health, education, and spiritual development of our children. Teaching Parents also work in conjunction with the rest of the Boys and Girls Country staff, and report directly to the Program Manager assigned to their cottage. Teaching Parents may be a married couple or a person with non-dependent children.
To learn more visit this page.
Operations Maintenance Assistant – Full time
The Operations Assistant position is a 40 hour week full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Chief Operations and Facilities Officer. This position is responsible for the care of the general assistance to the Operations Department. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the aesthetics of all Boys and Girls Country properties.
- Responsible to assist in the maintenance needs of all Boys and Girls Country properties.
- Responsible to help keep an adequate inventory of parts needed to make repairs by alerting the Maintenance Manager when parts need to be purchased.
- Responsible to pick up parts when necessary.
- Assist with Maintenance Requests as economical as possible and still maintain high-quality standards. Be a good steward of Boys and Girls Country resources.
- Ensures that all roofs are clear of debris.
- Ensures that gutters are clean and functional.
- Responsible to maintain all hedges, playgrounds, and flowerbeds on campus.
- Ensures that the exterior of all buildings is in good repair and clean.
- Responsible to help keep the Operations Center clean and in good running order.
- Ensures that all maintenance equipment is in good working order; may perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment when required.
- Responsible for trimming all trees annually or more often if needed.
- Responsible for working closely with the Chief Operations and Facilities Officer, Operations Manager, and all staff to provide necessary assistance and direction in keeping the overall facilities of Boys and Girls Country in good repair.
- Assist the Operations Team with the timely pickup of donated good.
- Support other members of the team in carrying out organizational goals and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Operations and Facilities Officer, Operations Manager, and the Maintenance Manager.
To learn more, visit this page.
To download the job description, click here.
The Program Manager is directly responsible to the Program Director. The Program Manager is generally responsible for upholding the organizational standards that have been set for the training, care, and support of Teaching Parents and coordination of campus activities to meet the needs of all students in care. The Program Manager makes the safety of students the priority with teaching students life skills that will contribute to their success.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer. This is a professional position with Full Time 40 hour work week. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing oversight for the Administrative office to ensure operations of such are efficient at all times. Please email your resume and cover letter for this position to HR@boysandgirlscountry.org
To download the job description, click here
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The CFO is responsible for all aspects of the financial operations for BGC. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO leads key financial functions in support of BGC’s mission including accounting and budget, treasury and investments, contracts and legal matters, payroll and insurance. The CFO ensures that BGC has a sustainable financial function and the organizational infrastructure that will meet the needs, goals, and aspirations of BGC’s mission over time, and will contribute to organizational success. The CFO aims to improve systems and efficiencies, manage risk and advance strategic planning. The CFO serves as an active member of the Management Team helping to develop and implement BGC’s vision and mission.