Current economic forecasts, the volatility of the stock market and the slowdown in the oil industry have put a strain on our resources and those of the entire community. However, we remain committed to our mission of changing the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing them in a Christian home environment, raising them to become self-sustaining and contributing adults.
Although visitors are temporarily restricted from our campus, you can still make a difference in our kids’ lives! Opportunities for your consideration include:
- Making a secure donation online.
- Make a donation of livestock. Learn more here.
- Make a donation of gently used appliances (i.e. washers and dryers).
- Purchasing supplies from our BGC Amazon list:
(Remember to choose “Boys and Girls Country of Houston” as the charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases through AmazonSmile.)
- Praying for our kids and staff, that:
- Their physical, emotional and spiritual needs will be met;
- Our students will persevere through the tough adjustments to the new norm;
- Our teaching parents will continue being encouraged and strengthened to lead our children towards becoming self-sustaining and contributing adults;
- Our operations will be able to continue providing for the needs of the cottages, and the donations will not subside.
We welcome your encouragements in the form of Facebook messages, emails to email@example.com, physical letters and even text messages. You can subscribe to receive short text updates from Boys and Girls Country by texting “BGC” to 22999 and reply back with anything you’d like to share.
Thank you for your continued friendship. May God bless you and your families!