The primary goal of Boys and Girls Country is to provide a home for children from families in crisis and to ensure their care, welfare, safety and security. In addition to furnishing their basic needs, our program works with each child toward two important objectives. First, each child is able to build relationships, acquire responsibilities and grow and develop within the context of a stable, structured and loving home environment. Second, every child sets and achieves realistic short and long-term goals with essential behavioral health support and remedial academic tutoring.
Key Outcomes for 2021:
- BGC was home to 83 children and young adults.
- 10 students graduated from high school.
- 2 students graduated from college.
- We had 17 new drivers on campus.
- 29 young adults lived on College and Career campus.
- 570 counseling sessions were held.
- 5,719 meals served per month.
- 1,211 calls for help were received.
- 4.6 years is the average length of stay.
Please see our 2021 Annual Report for more information.